I've been spending a lot of time in the studio this week, what with the new dog and the air conditioning therein- but I just realized I haven't posted much about it.
I am pleased that I just finished- as in, completely DONE- one of the 2 top-of-the-list but somewhat tricky commissions. I hope to make excellent progress on the other tomorrow; it's nearing the end, but I need to do more pre-polish work, and then start setting all the stones.
Meanwhile, I did OK on a bunch of scent lockets, some of which are commissions. Naturally, given the way the world works, the one that didn't turn out after the first soldering was one of the commission ones, so I have to re-start it tomorrow. Still, progress- and I didn't solder any of the pivots to the back of the lockets, so that's a win- that's the trickiest part of the assembly of the things.
Next up: forging out a variety of different metals for more Mobius rings. I'm looking forward to that- hitting stuff's always fun!
Current Mood: accomplished