Naturally on the first HOT day of summer, both I and my Sat. student needed to use the kiln. I had some annealing to do, and she is working on some experimental enameled pieces. We're both brilliant at timing, obviously- choosing the first hot day after practically an entire winter of only occasional kiln use!
I finished up 2 pieces that I sold, so they can go out Monday. Also worked on some commissions, and more of the St. Brigid's Crosses- one's almost finished, and I began 2 more. They're easy to do in bits of time, and I think I'm getting the making of them down to a science anymore!
I also got my experimental sterling/palladium ring finished, so I'll be able to get a picture of it with Argentium silver, a 14k nickel-bearing white gold, and palladium (95%). This list is in order of whitest to darkest. I do have a couple more alloys Ill be wanting to add to this, assuming their working properties are reasonable for my needs. (I haven't added a 14k palladium white gold, since it's very similar to the palladium color- just a bit creamier because of the gold content.)
It's interesting that I am not in general a huge fan of a perfect high polish. However, it gives me enormous satisfaction to achieve a perfect high polish! so getting the above 4 rings freshly polished was very satisfying.
Current Mood: pleased