afmetalsmith (afmetalsmith) wrote,
afmetalsmith
afmetalsmith

I've gotten some good work done over the weekend and today.

I got the endcaps on my argentium loop-in-loop bracelet- I need to smooth them down now and give them a prepolish, but most of the bracelet is now done. I still need to forge the S-hook catch for i; I think I've settled on a plan that adds a bit of decoration to the otherwise plain hook, and that will look nice with the style.

Lots of progress on one commission, and moderate on another- that one's waiting for stones, though, so I won't be able to do much more till later this week.

And since my St. Brigid's Cross pendant went so quickly- and garnered quite a lot of interest before it sold, I'm making another 2. After those are done, I'll make a few in a smaller size, and maybe send one of them out for casting. Anyway, today I prepped the wire "straws", and did one round on one of them and 2 on the other.

I've been experimenting with paste solder, too, with mixed results. It was perfect for attaching the endcaps to the bracelet! I don't know how I could have done it as effectively with wire or chip solder. It's less handy with the Brigid's Crosses, though; I'd thought that it would be ideal, but in fact using tiny chips is working better. Interesting!
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 0 comments