I am very pleased with myself today. I got v2.0of a commission well and truly started; I got the mobius ring prototype I'm making for myself (out of the sterling. platinum alloy) annealed since it arrived looking pretty damn hard; and I got the stone set in a third mobius ring, in a way that sets off the stone and the shape of the ring nicely. I'd known the theory of this setting technique- which leaves the sides of the stone exposed- for ages, but am pleased that my first pass at creating it worked well. Pictures will be forthcoming, since the third ring is one I've made on spec; it still has some finishing to go, though.
I also made progress on some other commission pieces white #1 was annealing and pickling. A very good day!
Current Mood: accomplished