November 14th, 2006

anvil, ring

(no subject)

I haven't been posting often, because my work has mostly been more of the same.

I'm still fusing rings, although I just finished size #4 yesterday and am now doing size #5. This one is tricky: the wire is thinner than the others at 24 ga. (0.5mm), and the loops much bigger proportionately. Only 18 will fit on my soldering block at a time (I'm using pressed charcoal), and it takes a quick and careful hand with the torch to fuse the ends together without melting the wires through and having them bead up. So this batch may take me a while!

After cleaning up the lotus earrings in the 20 ga. metal, the cells did indeed open up in the "fire polish" firing. Sigh. I've got one working now, and I'm hoping I can get the other to do so in 1 more firing...

The thimble has its enamels in, so now I start the clean-up. This is my first fully 3D piece to clean up, so I'm hoping I don't encounter any gotchas in the process.

Etsy was down for the weekend, but is now back up in a new, improved version. I think it is something of an improvement, based on adding another piece to it- or actually, re-adding the Winter Pine pins/tie tacks, since I sold the first 2 I listed, and found another few lurking about. :)