I ended up doing a bit of stuff, anyway, so that day's not a complete loss.
Added the third part of my initials to the cloisonne smiley, where the other one former was until I ground it out (it had flipped over and embedded itself rather than staying nicely positioned and therefore with a visible edge) and glued it in; it can dry overnight, I'll fire it, then add more enamel around it to make up for all the stuff i ground out;
Examined the smiley filigree under good magnification and (hopefully) got a decent percentage of the remaining unsoldered spots soldered;
Labeled and put away things like the wax and amethysts;
Opened all the display furniture we got, and arranged pieces attractively on many of them all ready for being photographed. And gods! does it make a difference!
Now, I also went through the "pending" projects that are still in baggies on my bench, and sorted out a few more of them. (Goal: to have all of them DONE and not there any more.) However, while doing this I managed to mislay a vital piece- the one I really can't duplicate- of one of a pair of matched brooches. I'm pretty sure it's just hiding on the bench somewhere, but it's being very annoying.