I've just finished a commissioned version of my "Healing Heart" scent locket. This is a pendant, not a locket, and while that means I don'thave to worry about catches and hinges, it also means that once the backing is on the thing, I have no easy way to add delicate wire with which to make the sutures. So, I added the wire before soldering tha back on... and then keeping the delicate wire from melting down while I solder5ed a couple of pretty hefty pieces of metal to each other was the trick... especially since it took at least 3 soldering operations to do!
And then, of course, there's tying the sutures in that delicate wire, without hardening it so that it cracked in the process. Sigh. Not lots of fun.
Still it's all done now, except for the final finishing. I may make another 1 or 2 of them on spec; despite the difficulties, it's a nifty piece and the only thing I've ever made where firescale is NOT a problem! :D
Next up: a couple of swcent lockets with a specific suggested design- more about that later, probably. And maybe a pair of absinthe spoons; I've got a nice design done that uses wormwood leaves as the motif, and I'll accent them with a peridot (absinthe colored!). One's for us, and the other I'll put on Etsy and my site. Plus wedding rings, naturally. :)